A few years ago, the road layout was moved around 200 m to the west and a new bridge was built. Part of the old bridge’s 18th century three-arched structure still stands today. The former municipal area of Molins, also known as Molins de Dalt, is 1 km to the west of Pont de Molins. There is a small cluster of 17th and 18th century houses near the church. Works on the Sant Sebastià parish church were completed in 1789: the date that appears on the lintel over the door.
A few metres north of the Roure canonical church lies the Mare de Déu del Roure sanctuary (17th century). The ruins of the Santa Maria del Roure monastery can be found 1 km north of Molins, at the top of a hill. Here we should mention the Sant Sebastià parish church (18th century) and the remains of old mills in different places throughout the village, near the river Muga. The best conserved mills can be found on the left bank of the river, between Pont de Molins and Molins.
Molins castle stands in front of the Molins area. Several elements of the castle can still be seen, such as the tower, the walls and remains of the Romanesque chapel. They formed part of the defence system of Llers (the municipal area it belongs to) and was one of the eleven castles that surrounded Llers. It is known as “Torre d’en Buac” tower. In this half-ruined castle, there are remains that date back to the 11th and 12th centuries.