In the old Sant Joan monastery, we can find a room with the same name. Building work started in 1089 with the construction of the Santa Maria Augustinian canonry. Remains of the canonry, the cloister and the monastic rooms are still conserved, as is this wonderful chapterhouse with pointed vaults. It has been largely restored and the Town Council occupies part of these buildings.
The Santa Maria de Lladó church of the old Augustinian canonry, known as the Priory, was the monastery’s place of worship. Building work began during the second half of the 12th century with a level of ostentation and magnificence that would not continue. The façade was built in the first period and is one of the most remarkable displays of 12th sculpture.
The Sant Feliu church dates back to 1017. In 1109, it was ceded to the Santa Maria Priory. The current building was built by the prior, Tomàs Verdaguer, in the 18th century.