In 1105, this place was called Sanctae Leocadiae. From the 12th century onwards, the name of the watercourse that passes by it was added to its name.
It belonged to Ripoll monastery. In 1421, the village was destroyed by downpours. In 1698, it formed part of the territory of Figueres. We should mention Santa Llogaia church, an 18th century building with some features from earlier periods.