El Far d'Empordà

El Far d’Empordà was mentioned for the first time in 844 under the name Farus. In 1299, the Count of Empúries Ponç Hug IV ordered a castle to be built and then fortified the village due to its strategic location in the middle of the Ampurdan plain.

The Sant Martí church is a 13th century fortified building that used to form part of the castle (which no longer remains). It was built in the Romanesque style with elements that are reminiscent of the gothic style.

Uso de cookies

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.

ACEPTAR